Initially this was going to be my entry for D in the Z to A challenge over April. Time constraints and other issues dissuaded me. The idea was fun though and I was certainly going to get around to it. I’ve not ever decorated my baking before nor have I ever attempted to make my own frosting. First off I baked chocolate cupcakes. They came out pretty well and didn’t really need frosting to be delicious. Then I made my own butter icing. Which was way too sweet at first. After some tweaking it came out quite well. After four attempts I made two passable Daleks. Adorned with edible ball bearings and candy sticks they turned out fairly well. They have since been exterminated.
I found where the cupcakes were hiding. Loblaws at Queen w and Portland